"You're a foodie, right?" Mike tells Rachel, then explains "because you're the only person I've ever seen who order shrimp, red pepper, and goat cheese pizza." - Mike Ross in Suits (TV Series) Season 1 Episode 3 "Inside Track" of USA Network
So what makes one a foodie? What are the signs you're definitely (or a border-line) foodie?
I saw an interesting list from Irvin Lin of www.eatthelove.com, enumerating what a foodie blogger is like. I've hand-picked some foodie traits which are hilariously true & I can personally relate to...
1. When dining out, no one is allowed to eat the food until you have whipped out your camera/iPhone/Android and taken a shot of it first.
|"Stop! Shoot first then pray before meal."|
2. You actually style the plate you are photographing at the restaurant first, before said photo is taken.
3. You scope out restaurant tables at lunch with proximity to windows to provide natural lighting for your photographs.
|Perfect lighting. Perfect angle. Check!|
4. You own a ridiculous large number of plates with different designs on them. Not sets. Just individual plates. (So true! If other people get shoe-gasm, I get plate-gasm! Plato-platuhan madness x_X)
5. You actually own cloth napkins. You realize that no one ever use cloth napkins right? (Guilty!)
|Via Instagram "Black & White"|
6. You have run out of room for your cookbooks. Yet you still buy more. (Ohh dear..)
7. You get super crazy excited when you meet a famous cookbook author, chef or food blogger that you admire, and when you try to tell the story to your non-food blogging friends with a “You won’t believe who I just met!!!” intro, they give you a blank look and don’t have a clue who you are talking about. (I can relate)
8. You own chickens. Or you wish you owned chickens. (Lol so true!)
9. You now describing food as “bright” or “intense” and reserve the words “delicious” and “yummy” to describe articles of clothing or up-and-coming actors. (Border-lining to this..)
10. When you eat out and order a dish that surprises you, instead of enjoying it, you start mentally analyzing it and trying to figure out if you can reverse engineer it at home.
11. You own more than one cake stand. Actually you own more than five cake stands. (I own 2)
12. You desperately need to put a blog post up because it’s a Monday and “all your readers” expect you to publish a post on Monday, but you don’t have one ready, so you resort to a silly filler blog post, like “You know you’re a food blogger if…” (Or Are You A Foodie? It's been more than a week now since my last post, the thought of it kept nagging me to post something - anything!)
Judging from the list, I am a foodie! A food enthusiast to be exact. To add one on the list, I quote another line in Suits - Rachel pointed out to Mike, "Being a foodie doesn't mean only liking fancy food, it's having the courage to try it."
So, are you a foodie?
Ohhthat! by Tin
P.S. Definitely hooked on Suits (TV Series) now on its 2nd season! [Spoiler alert] I wish Rachel & Mike end up together...no more lies holding them back.
P.S.S. Read Irvin's complete article, "You know you're a food blogger if", hereLike what you read? Subscribe to Ohhthat! by Tin now for updates.