Sunday, June 24, 2012

Life Journal: Commanding Our Morning

Today is A Good Day

Some mornings are just tough to get up to.  On these days, I momentarily forget why I need to be up and about, and a debate of 2 Mes usually play in my mind.

Why? What's the point? My mind asks.

Get up now, I can't be late. Reminding myself.

A little bit more... I plead.

Ay naku, hindi pwede!  I answer, snapping out of my slumber. Umagang-umaga, talo na. 

Then, I jump up from the bed and say, Today is a good day, in Jesus name. 

We can command our morning.  The Bible says, death & life are in the power of the tongue (Prov 18:21a), so we need to be watchful of what we say.  If we start confessing, I'm tired... I'm not well.. this day sucks.. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed..., rest assured our whole day will be doomed!  So let's take advantage of our mornings.  Speak life!  Through faith, we can decree blessing, peace, favor into our lives & also to the lives of other people.

Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God.   I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart.  I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. - Mark 11:22-24

Today is our gift, therefore it is good & perfect.  Have a great week ahead!  

Tin

Like what you read? Subscribe to Ohhthat! by Tin now for updates.

2 comments:

  1. that's a nice way to start your day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, i will do my best to command my mornings. There are really challenging times, but it just means we need to push harder :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your "Ohh, that!" thought/s. :)