Thursday, June 7, 2012

Life Journal Entry: Show Me Your Fruit


 "So the, you will know them by their fruits" - Matthew 7:20

Ptr. Bert Pretorius' teaching on "Just Change" spoke loudly in my heart - (in paraphrase) "you will know if YOU are maturing in your faith through your disciples & their disciples."  As I was listening to this G12 podcast in g12europe.com, I thought of other people in church who should be listening to this... then, it suddenly hit me - "no Tin, it is YOU (talking to myself) who should hear it."


We've been accustomed of acknowledging "Christian maturity/ growth" based on the person's giftings & skills/ talents, or involvement in the ministry, or even pathetically with the length of years that person has been attending church. Some Christians (I for one before) even make an excuse of justifying it as "a matter of the heart" and that "only Jesus knows for sure".  But that's not how Jesus sees it..

In Mt 7:15-20, Jesus gave warning on how to detect a real, genuine, and mature Christian from a pretentious one.  If we are not bearing good fruits or worst, not bearing at all, then we better begin to ask God what are we doing wrong and seek fruitfulness as He has called us to be so.  In John 15:16 He said, "You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name."

Now, where are my fruits?  Who are my fruits? Are they also bearing fruits?  Bearing these things in mind, I felt a sudden panic in my heart thinking, gosh I've been in church since Sunday School and what have I to show before God when I face Him?

I am the one who should change.

Tin  

P.S.
This is a dated post due to technical problems last night.  I need a new personal laptop! Lol
You can listen to Ptr. Bert's full message at g12europe.com (LINK).  I highly recommend it.  So much truth it hurts!
"Fruit Tree Trio" Image is by Angela Vandenbogaard. Posted in jellybeansart.blogspot.com on Aug 27, 2007.

Like what you read? Subscribe to Ohhthat! by Tin now for updates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your "Ohh, that!" thought/s. :)